Ronaldo wants win in Barca



Winger ready for tough test

Cristiano Ronaldo is targeting a win in Barcelona as he tries to prove the current Manchester United team is the best in the club's history.

United face Barcelona at Camp Nou on Wednesday n the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final meeting.

Portuguese winger Ronaldo is expecting an absorbing encounter in Spain, but is hoping United can secure an advantage to take back to Old Trafford.

"At this stage, no game is easy," Ronaldo told Sport newspaper. "They are very important games where the pressure is very high for both teams and maximum concentration is required.

"Anything can happen.

"Our goal is to win as quickly as possible and to get the best result in the Nou Camp. I want to win."

Fantastic team

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted earlier this season that the squad currently at his disposal has the potential to be the best of his 20-year reign.

Ronaldo has echoed Ferguson's view, but concedes the team must finish the season with at least one trophy to justifiably be compared to previous United sides.

He added: "I believe that this team has the most talent, but this can only be confirmed at the end of the season by seeing what the team has won.

"There is a lot of talent and I believe we are going in the right direction. Match after match, we have demonstrated that we have a fantastic team, very talented and wonderful players, but at the end of the season we can give a definite answer as to whether this team is truly the best Manchester United team of all time.

"If we win the Champions League or the Premier League we will have a better idea."

Great honour

Ronaldo has scored 38 goals in a remarkable season for United, but has thanked his team-mates for helping him to set a new club record for a winger.

"I am very proud to represent this club," he continued. "I feel privileged to have played so many games at this stage.

"It is a great honour for me to demonstrate my ability on the pitch in front of 60 or 70,000 people who go there every weekend - it is amazing.

"I have improved every year and work for it, but I must also say that my team-mates have been very important in terms of what I have achieved, they gave me magnificent passes so that I could score - and I have scored some beautiful and important goals.

"But I think the most important thing was the team. The team won the league last year, we went very far in the Champions League, we managed to reach the final of the FA Cup, and for me that was very important to grow as a player."
 
Copyright © 2011 Blogger with Love | Themes by Edit-me.